Middlesex rent pay online
31) and she was referred to as lady of the manor and held courts until 1652. 32) In 1650 the estates of the royalist Cleveland and his son were sequestered.Bayning's trustees tried to compound for the reversion of the manors to recover their debt, but Lady Weld was initially left in possession. 33) In 1651 the Middlesex estates were sequestered from her for having disobeyed the Committee of Compounding regarding the accounts, although she was still collecting rents in 1652.Both mother and daughter died there, the mother having 11 servants at her death besides goods, cattle, and grain. 107) Most of the demesne was sold in parcels by the earl of Cleveland and his creditors from the 1630s to 1660s, though the freehold of Lollesworth or Spitelhope (43 a.), leased to the hospital of St.Mary without Bishopsgate, was apparently sold between 1550 and the 1560s. 108) A messuage and several fields in the Isle of Dogs, sold to Sir Edward Yate, Bt., .This free content was digitised by double rekeying. devolved from the bishop of London's Domesday manor or vill of Stepney, which in 10 covered most of north and east Ossulstone, and was part of a larger block of land around London thought to have been the foundation grant of the see of London, probably acquired by the bishopric . Paul's in 1066, had ten chief tenants and claimed, although unsuccessfully, the two remaining holdings in 'Stepney'. 3) Of the Domesday tenants, Hugh de Berners held 5 hides in 1086, divided between Sired, canon of St.Paul's, and the canons as demesne in 1066 and identified as the Islington manors of Barnsbury and probably Canonbury; Hugh also held 1 virgate and a mill, probably at East Smithfield (parish of St.of pasture, and all rights and royalties including common of pasture, views of frankpledge, courts leet and baron, and other franchises as before except fishing, with the advowsons of the churches of Stepney and Whitechapel, to trustees for William Herbert, known as Lord Montgomery. 61) In 1710 Lord Montgomery sold Stepney to Windsor Sandys, who paid off the mortgages and was lord in 17. Sir George Colebrooke's estates passed in 1809 to his next surviving son Sir James, but Stepney later passed to Belinda, George's only surviving child, and on her marriage to Sir Charles Joshua Smith in 1823 was settled on her husband, herself and their issue with remainder as devised in her will. 69) Under that will the manor passed to her uncle Henry Thomas Colebrooke (d.In 1720 Sandys held the manor in trust for John Eyre, who had inherited the lands of his brother Henry Eyre in 1719 and sold the manor in 1720 to John Wicker the younger, and a mortgagee. 1837), who left it to his son Thomas Edward Colebrooke (d. Under a settlement of 1887 it passed to his son Sir Edward Arthur Colebrooke, (fn. 1939), who left only female heirs, whereupon the barony became extinct. 71) In 1926 the remaining copyholds were converted into freeholds under the Law of Property Act, 1922.
Mary, Clerkenwell, and to the Knights Hospitallers in the 12th century. 6) William de Ver's hide probably lay in Hackney where the estate paying Ver's fine at the view in 1384 was held by John Shoreditch. 7) William the chamberlain's 1¾ hide may have become the manor of Topsfield (Hornsey). 8) The 3½ hides held by Robert son of Roscelin of the king, but claimed by the bishop, probably later formed part of the manor of Bromley. 9) The other Domesday estates held of the bishop have not yet been identified.Other freehold estates were granted out of the manor in the 12th century. 10) In the 14th century the manors that had devolved out of the bishop's Domesday demesne and some Domesday and later tenants in chief paid sums towards the common fine of 64. Bartholomew, Smithfield, and the men of Islington (Barnsbury), of the rector of Hackney, of the dean of St.In the 1220s Bishop Eustace de Fauconberg recovered overlordship of several holdings including those of Ralph the clerk, Robert le Cutiller, Maurice of Harlow, canon of St. at the Stepney view of frankpledge: the bishop's manors of Stepney, Hackney, and Haringey, the priories of St. Paul's (Shadwell), of the estate once Richard Pomfret's, of William de Ver, of Daniel or Rumbolds (possibly Grumbold in Hackney and Cobhams or Rumbolds in Stepney), of John of Bedfont (manor of Poplar), and of Edmund Trentemars (manor of Bernes). 11) In 1353 the bishop himself answered for only ½ knight's fee in the vill of Stepney, (fn. 22) Cleveland and his son Thomas, Lord Wentworth, were prominent at court and incurred heavy debts. 23) The earl began to secure loans on his estates in the 1620s, and in 1632 created mortgages by 99-year leases of Stepney manor to Richard Cartwright and of Hackney to Sir Thomas Trevor.William Northey was appointed to keep the courts on behalf of the committee, and by 1653 all the earl's estates had been let to his creditors, even though the interest on the debts greatly exceeded the revenues. 34) In 1651 Smyth and his partners mortgaged to Dr.Henry Glemham demesne in Hackney, the Dusthill in Limehouse, marshes in Poplar, and land in Bethnal Green near Shoreditch church in order to pay the balance owed for their purchase of the mortgage leases in 1643; presumably to help the partners sell land and so pay what they owed, Bayning's trustees conveyed to William Smyth's brother John the reversion of the manors bought from Cleveland in 1634. 35) In 1653 William Smyth, Clement Oxenbridge, Edward Gittings, and William Potter sold the mortgage leases to Richard Blackwell, (fn.